Nueterra’s Global Alliance (NGA) added two more countries to its Borderless Healthcare Symposium series during the month of November. The NGA-created symposiums offer an opportunity for doctors, healthcare executives and specialists to create partnerships that provide building blocks for quality healthcare services throughout the world. Symposiums were held in Bridgetown, Barbados and Lima, Peru.
The Barbados symposium hosted 30 physicians from the Barbados healthcare community as well as Barbadian physicians who practice in the United States. The symposium event at the Island Inn Hotel in Bridgetown, Barbados, was produced in conjunction with CariGES, Inc. (Caribbean Gynaecological Endoscopic Services) and showcased an overview of international healthcare challenges, trends and opportunities.
Bridgetown, Barbados Educational Lectures:
- “Evaluation of Food Allergies by Skin Prick Testing” by Sean Bullen, MD
- “Minimally Invasive Surgery in the Caribbean – A Model for Success” by John George, MD
- “Bariatric Surgery: A General Practice Primer” by Sahle Griffith, MD
Nueterra’s other November Borderless Healthcare Symposium took place in Lima, Peru. The two-day meeting, produced with assistance from the U.S. Embassy, was held at the Colegio Médico (Medical College) of Lima and included a panel discussion with the Peruvian Medical Association, Rimac International, a Peruvian insurance company, local Peruvian physicians and the Lima Chamber of Commerce. The physician event also featured educational seminars from doctors associated with the Ochsner Health System in New Orleans, Louisiana. A separate corporate event located at Lima’s Colegio Médico was also produced with assistance from the U.S. Embassy. Attendees at the corporate event included brokers, administrators and association leaders.
Lima, Peru Educational Lectures:
- “Total and Reverse Shoulder Arthoplasty & Interesting Cases from Grand Rounds” by Scott Duncan, MD
- “Innovation in Healthcare, Red Innova Case” by Johnny Kadena Irashire, MD
- “Telemedicine for Stroke” by Kenneth Gaines, MD;
- “Minimally Invasive Techniques in High-Risk Patients with Aortic Surgery, Carotid Disease and Peripheral Arterial Disease” by Hernán Bazán, MD
- “Advances in Cardiac Electrophysiology” by Daniel Morin, MD MPH FHRS.
Each Nueterra Global Alliance symposium gathers input from the top local physicians and specialists about local healthcare needs as well as patient exchange opportunities. The first symposium was held in September. Watch for information about Nueterra Global Alliance symposiums in 2013. http://nueterraborderlesshealthcare.com/
CEO of LAC and MENA regions and U.K.